- This event has passed.
Health & Wellness (AIL Class)
October 21 @ 10:00 am - 10:55 am
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Thursday, repeating until November 18, 2021
A variety of health and wellness topics will be explored. See below for specific topics.
Coordinator: Casey Tarr
Classes are held every Thursday, from 10:00-10:55 a.m., during the fall 2021 AIL semester (Sep 30th – Nov 18th).
Every participant must enroll in AIL for the semester. The semester enrollment fee is $55 which allows participation in any/all AIL classes during the semester. To register for AIL, or for more information on the program, go here.
All AIL classes will meet both:
• Physically in the Unitarian Universalist Church (2709 Hunter Mill Rd, Oakton, VA 22124). Attendees must show proof of vaccination and wear a mask.
• Virtually by Zoom. Registered enrollees for AIL will receive a Zoom link by email. If you do not receive a Zoom link, please contact the office at 703.281.0601.
Note: during inclement weather, AIL will follow the Fairfax County School System determination of cancellation or delay.
The following is the current schedule of topics by date:
• Sep 30 “Is Your Family Ready to Cover the Costs?” (Lindsey Vajpe/Insight Memory Center & John Bennett/ Merrill Lynch)
• Oct 7 “Medicare 101” (Mari de Leon & Kristin Helfer Koester/VICAP)
• Oct 14 “Overcoming Roadblocks to Healthy Eating” (Diane LaHale/Registered Dietician/Nutritionist)
• Oct 21 “Modifying Traditional Yoga Poses for Osteoporosis and Promoting Better Balance” (Paula McGinnis/Body Grace)
• Oct 28 “The LITL System of Organizing Anything” (Lisa Garaci Rigoni/Owner Chief De-Clutter Officer)
• Nov 4 “Navigating Senior Living Options” (Peggy Breda/CDAL & A Family Tie)
• Nov 11 “How to Cultivate Intellect and your Creative Self” (Rick Wormell/Educator)
• Nov 18 “The Benefit of Long Term Care Planning” (Karen McPhail/RN & Executive Director Eldementals LLC)
[Health & Wellness graphic?]